Going (Creatively) Digital
Welcome to ‘Acrobabble’ where we check-in with our team members to see what industry news piece that have made it onto their reading list.
Starting January 19th, Google will implement changes to phone numbers appearing in ads that will affect call and location extensions to increase ad relevance for specific business locations. Google might provide local phone numbers when a retail location extension shows up in an ad, even if a call extension in that ad campaign relies on another number. Though it’s still possible for ads to appear with no number in the extension, advertisers with local extensions are advised to confirm accurate phone numbers for each location listing.
Blue Venn report, “Customer Data: The Monster Under the Bed?,” discovers 72% of marketers find data analysis more essential than social media skills.
- 4 out of 5 large enterprise marketers find data analysis a fundamental skill
- Data management is more crucial than social media
- Data segmentation and modeling score higher than web development and graphic design
- 27% of marketers still delegate data analysis to IT departments.
A Wunderman study in partnership with Penn Schoen Berland, found 79% of U.S. consumers between 18-65 feel brands must “understand and care about me” before purchase.
- 90% say mobile enables better purchase decisions.
- 89% believe brands whose values align with theirs establish brand loyalty.
- 74% feel brands can set a new standard by how they serve customers
- 88% think brands should “push boundaries”
Fabricated news is part of a larger concern regarding the spread of the fake content trend. The issue highlights a deeper problem regarding the ease and frequency of fake information manipulating consumer, business, or even software behavior. This influences marketers as consumers make purchase-related searches, the faulty information they receive impacts effectiveness of local search marketing.